ASiT Conference 2008
We are privileged to have a programme packed with renowned speakers from the world of surgery who will be presenting on a diverse range of important subjects. High profile speakers provisionally attending include Lord Darzi, Professor Sir Alfred Cuschieri and Professor Sir David Carter.
ASiT are joining forces with the British Orthopaedic Trainee Association to provide the first Foundation Skills for Surgery Course. For more senior trainees, we will also be hosting a Laparoscopic Stapling, Suturing and Energised Dissection Course.
There has never been a better time to submit an abstract to the meeting. In recognition of the scientific component of the ASiT Conference, we have developed strong links with the Society of Academic and Research Surgery (SARS) leading to the development of the prestigious SARS/ASiT Prize. This year will feature 5 separate prize sessions, with the SARS Academic and Research Surgery prize (basic science and clinical), the ASiT Medal (clinical), the SARS/ASiT short-paper session, ASiT Poster prize and ASiT Medical Student prize. The top abstracts submitted to these sessions will also be invited to present at the ASGBI 2008 Conference and will be published
The Gala Dinner will take place in the Birmingham Botanic Gardens and promises to be a night to remember.
- Abstract submission opens: 1 October 2007
- Conference registration opens: 1 December 2007
- Abstract submission closing: 21 December 2007 midnight
- Laparoscopic course applicatoin closing date: 25 January 2008
- Abstract selection announcement: week beginning 7 January 2008
- Conference registration early-bird closing: 1 February 2008
- ASiT Conference 2008: 7 - 9 March 2008