ASiT works to support your surgical training!
ASiT is a Registered Charity working to promote excellence in surgical training. A growing membership has allowed us to keep our annual fee to a bare minimum and increased the number and variety of benefits which we can offer to surgical trainees and related groups.
Your membership is essential in maintaining and improving our mandate:
- On every training committee both local and national
- To every Specialty Advisory Committee
- In every Royal Surgical College
- Nationally through to the NHS and Department of Health
- On committees including the JCST, examinations etc.
- By increasing the number and quality of benefits that we can negotiate on your behalf
ASiT membership costs £50 per year (discounted to £40 after submitting a direct debit thereafter) and £30 for Medical Students, but the benefits hugely outweigh the small annual fee. Your subscription entitles you to:
- Apply for ASiT Bursaries, including meeting and research grants
- Cheaper surgical textbooks - we pass on the entire publisher’s discount (as much as 30%)
- Cheaper British Journal of Surgery – discounted subscription (nearly 60%)
- Discounted journals including IJS and Surgery.
- Travelling Fellowships – 2 prizes worth £2500 each year
- Medical student surgical elective prizes worth up to £500
- Reduced rates or free places on many national courses
- Heavily subsidised, highly successful exam courses for MRCS and FRCS preparation
- Discounted surgical loupes and other special offers
- A copy of the ASiT Yearbook – mailed to your home address in spring each year
- Membership of the ASiT e-group – where you can keep up with the latest in surgical training
- An invitation to our Annual Conference – covering academic and political issues, with poster and oral presentations and an enjoyable social programme
**Note reduced medical student membership rate of £30 per annum**
Medical Students required to demonstrate proof of student status
ASiT membership Categories:
Ordinary Members ie. Foundation Doctors, SHOs, SpRs, and Consultants (£50 by credit card joining online - then £40 annually by direct debit)
Ordinary Members may be elected by the Council on the nomination of the Executive Committee from persons who have made an application to the Honorary Secretary. Suitable candidates shall have medical degrees and have an interest in participating in a surgical training programme in a recognised surgical specialty. Such members shall receive without payment the publications of the Association and be entitled to attend scientific, general and annual general meetings of the Association and vote in connection with any business of the Association. Ordinary membership shall lapse after the expiration of two years from the date of their appointment to a substantive post as consultant.
Medical Student members (£30)
Medical students may join ASiT as a discount rate. Please note that Medical Student Members will be required to verify their university, student number, and expected year of graduation.
How to Join
Please join online now by following the link at the bottom of the page.
Those wishing to pay the reduced membership fee of £40 for subsequent years membership subscriptions must complete the direct debit mandate (which can be downloaded at the bottom of this page) and return to the address below.
Association of Surgeons in Training
Royal College of Surgeons of England
35 - 43 Lincoln's Inn Fields
If you have any queries regarding your membership application please contact our secretariat: email@example.com
You will need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDF files.