Course Convenor: Abdul Badran
Target audience: medical students, foundation doctors and core trainees
Please note this course cannot be booked as a standalone course. To be eligible to attend, you must register for the ASiT Annual Conference 2022.
Want to find out more about a career in cardiothoracic surgery? Join us for this one-day course where you’ll learn core topics and practical skills relevant to the speciality and find out more about the training application process. The course will also provide the opportunity to network and interact with junior and senior colleagues in the speciality and get informal feedback and advice on your portfolio. Spaces are limited, please sign-up early to secure your place.
Course Programme (subject to change):
- Station 1: Chest Drain Insertion
- Station 2: VATS Wedge Resection and Vessel Dissection
- Station 3: Aortic Valve Replacement
- Station 4: Coronary Anastomosis
- Station 5: Mitral Valve Repair