When: Sunday, 17th November 2019, 08:30-17:00
Where: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Cost: FREE to ASiT members
[£50 deposit refunded upon successful attendance]
Kindly sponsored by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Are you a foundation doctor or clinical medical student with an interest in surgery?
This year marks the 10th anniversary of this popular FREE event that is aimed specifically at foundation doctors and senior medical students (years 4-6) considering a career in surgery.
Building on feedback from previous years and delivered by a team of enthusiastic junior and senior surgical trainees this 1-day course has been designed to impart focused, practical knowledge and advice to help delegates prepare for core surgical applications, specialty training and beyond.
This course will include sessions on:
- Applications to core surgical training
- Applications to specialist neurosurgical and cardiothoracic (ST1) training
- Qualities of a surgical trainee and how to demonstrate them
- Surgical interviews and how to succeed
- Academic careers in surgery
- The 'Improving Surgical Training' initiative
Please find the provisional programme for the event here.