Royal Society of Medicine Presents: Teach the Teacher
Thursday, December 6th - Friday, December 7th
do you want to become a better teacher?
This practical two-day course will empower clinical teachers with the knowledge, confidence and skills to teach effectively in a wide range of settings.
This course will allow you to understand how adults learn, and use this understanding to improve your own teaching skills, identify and overcome the barriers to effective teaching, and adapt teaching methods for different teaching scenarios
- Identify the most appropriate teaching methods for a specific setting and outcomes
- Structure teaching sessions of any length in order to maximise your effectiveness
- Write learning objectives that enable your trainees to assess their own learning
- Recognise the different domains and hierarchies of learning and how to exploit these to create more effective teaching sessions
- Reflect productively on your own performance
- Develop strategies for giving trainees effective feedback and for helping trainees to self-critique constructively
- Recognise the effect your motivational drivers have on the way you teach, and how this will influence the ways your trainees learn
- Write personal action plans to support continuous ongoing improvement after the course
- To demonstrate to both new and experienced trainers and supervisors a range of techniques designed to improve the effectiveness of their teaching
win a free place by submitting your cv
We will be offering one free place on the day. To win, delegates must submit your CV by Monday 8 October 2018 to email@example.com.
RSM member: £475
join the discussion online
Follow us at @RoySocMed