ASIT FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (FP) REPRESENTATIVE VACANCY
ASiT is delighted to announce that applications are now open for foundation programme representative
**CLOSING 23:59, Friday 8th June 2018 - APPLY TODAY!**
Dear ASiT Members,
We welcome members to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, which will offer the successful applicant the chance to join the pan-speciality ASiT Council and represent the doctors and medical students on a national scale.
ASiT is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes application forms from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of religious belief, gender, race, disability, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation or whether or not they have dependents.
The successful Foundation programme representative is expected to comply with the guidance for all Council members. Additional to this, as FP representative you will be expected to:
· Distribute ASiT conference and ASiT official survey promotions via their LETBs mailing lists
· Undertake additional activities i.e. attend ASiT supported regional events, and contribute to ASiT position statements.
· Encourage new membership of ASiT in your region
· Ensure adequate representation for foundation programme trainees in your region.
· Attend foundation year meeting to assess training needs and promote ASiT.
· Attend local medical school to deliver lecture on a career in surgery, and promote ASiT.
· Submit a document to the committee outlining their progress with the above objectives by December of each year
· Organise the ASiT Foundation Essay Prize
· Organise the ASiT Preparing for a Career in Surgery Event
It is a requirement that candidates who wish to stand for election are a member of ASiT and are either commencing the foundation programme in August 2018 or a current foundation programme trainee. A term of office of 1-2 years for an elected representative is required.
In order to apply, please email an up-to-date 1 page CV as well as a 500-word personal statement that will include:
· Contact phone number
· ASiT membership number
· Training Programme
· Committee / managerial experience
· Teaching experience
· What they can bring to ASiT
· How they intend to fulfil their roles
Please save your application file as "Your Deanery_Your Name_Document type" (e.g. CV or personal statement). Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the role you are applying for as the subject heading, eg. FOUNDATION REP. If you require more information please contact the current foundation representative, Rachael Morley at email@example.com
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Close: 23:59, Friday 8th June 2018