ASiT medical student representative vacancy - applications now open
ASiT are pleased to invite applications for ASiT Medical Student Representative. This is a fantastic opportunity, which will offer the successful applicant the chance to join the pan-specialty ASiT Council and represent medical students interested in surgery on a national scale.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the views of students at ASiT council meetings
- Promoting the role of ASiT and the benefits of membership to students
- Overseeing the ASiT Medical Student Ambassadorship programme
- Working with the foundation trainee rep to organise the medical student-foundation doctor parallel session at the annual ASiT conference, as well as the annual "Preparing for a Career in Surgery" event(s).
- Coordinating the following prizes: (1) annual elective bursary (2) medical student essay prize (3) Battle of the Surgical Societies prize.
- Develop content for the medical student section of the ASiT website
In order to apply, please send:
- An up-to-date 1-page CV
- 300-word personal statement
In your personal statement you may wish to cover:
- Your commitment to surgery
- Any evidence of administration/organisation experience
- Your academic achievements
- Your proposed contribution to ASiT
All current UK medical students are eligible to apply for this position. The successful applicant will be in post for a maximum of 2-years.
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com. Please compile all components of your application into a single file (Word or PDF document) and name the file as follows: "FirstName_LastName_MedStudentRep2018"
Applications Open: now!
Applications Close: 23:59, May 30th, 2018
For further information please email the current medical student rep: Praveena Deekonda - firstname.lastname@example.org