We would like to invite applications for the following Regional Representative vacancies:
South East London
Republic of Ireland
**CLOSING FRIDAY 9th JUNE - APPLY TODAY!**
Dear ASiT Members,
We welcome members nationally to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, which will offer the successful applicant the chance to join the pan-speciality ASiT Council and represent the doctors and medical students on a national scale.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
* Attendance at ASiT council meetings at the Royal Colleges (held approximately 6 times a year).
* Representing trainees in your region / programme at ASiT Council meetings.
* Promoting the role of ASiT and the benefits of membership to fellow trainees and medical students within the region.
* Representing ASiT at local meetings and events sponsored by ASiT Regional Event Grants.
* Encouraging local trainees attendance and abstract submission to the ASiT national conference.
* Helping with the running, organisation and promotion of the ASiT conference.
* Participating in electronic discussions throughout the year.
* Promoting participation in ASiT surveys.
ASiT representatives are expected to hold the post for 2 years.
In order to apply, please email an up-to-date 1 page CV as well as a 500-word personal statement that will include:
• Contact phone number
• ASiT membership number
• Training Programme
• Stage of training
• Committee/managerial experience
• Teaching experience
• What you can bring to ASiT
• How you intend to fulfill their roles
All Trainees are eligible to apply, but must hold a post in the region that they are applying for and be a current ASiT member.
Please save your application file as "Region_Your Name_Document type" (e.g. CV or personal statement) - please replace 'Region' with your region. Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Region REP" (again replace 'Region' with region to which you are applying) as the subject heading.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Close: 23:59, Friday 9th June
For further information visit the ASiT website www.asit.org/about/regional