There is a vacancy arising within ASiT Council:
South East Scotland Representative
Please see below for details on how to apply.
ASiT Regional Representatives
It is a requirement that candidates who wish to stand for election are an active member of ASiT and are a trainee within the respective LETB. A term of office of 2 years for an elected representative is required.
All applicants are asked to provide a 1 page CV and ~500 word Personal Statement that will include:
• Contact phone number
• ASiT membership number
• Training Programme
• Stage of training
• Committee/managerial experience
• Teaching experience
• What they can bring to ASiT
• How they intend to fulfill their roles
Please save your application file as "SEScotland_Your Name_Document type" (e.g. CV or personal statement). Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com with "REGIONAL REP (SE Scotland)" as the subject heading.
Applications Open: Now!
Applications Close: 23:59, 22nd January 2016
The Council’s decision on election will be final.
ASiT is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes application forms from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of religious belief, gender, race, disability, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation or whether or not they have dependents.
Regional representatives are responsible for representing and reporting issues in relation to surgical training for trainees in all ten surgical specialties within their region. They will represent all ASiT members within that region. This includes:
• Medical student members
• Foundation trainees
• Core surgical trainees
• Specialty trainees
All regional representatives are expected to comply with the guidance for all Council members. Additional to this regional representatives are expected to:
• Distribute ASiT conference and ASiT official survey promotions via their LETBs mailing lists
• Undertake additional activities i.e. attend ASiT supported regional events, and contribute to ASiT position statements.
• Encourage new membership of ASiT in your region
• Represent ASiT to the higher surgical training committees in your region, preferably by direct representation, or otherwise by formal liaison with theTrainee representative on that committee.
• Ensure adequate representation for core surgical trainees in your region.
• Organise at least one local ASiT meeting/course per year for trainees in your region.
• Attend foundation year meeting to assess training needs and promote ASiT.
• Attend local medical school to deliver lecture on a career in surgery, and promote ASiT.
• Regional representatives should submit a document to the committee outlining their progress with the above objectives by December of each year