We are delighted to accept entries for this year's ASiT x RCSEng Foundation Doctor Essay Prize! Click here for information on the topic and how to submit an entry.
The ASiT x RCSEng
FOUNDATION DOCTOR ESSAY PRIZE 2022
Application Deadline: 23:59 GMT Sunday, 10th April 2022
We are delighted to accept entries for this year's ASiT x RCSEng Foundation Doctor Essay Prize!
Essays of no more than 1500 words are invited exploring the following title:
"Surgical “culture” needs to change. What does this mean to you and how far do you agree with this statement?"
The fantastic essay prizes, provided in collaboration with our sponsor RCSEng, will be:
- 1st Place: Essay published in RCSEng Bulletin Journal, £200 cash prize
- 2nd Place: 25% off the RCSEng Basic Surgical Skills Course, £100 cash prize
- 3rd place: 15% off RCSEng Basic Surgical Skills Course, £100 cash prize
- Please note: equivalent prizes may be substituted depending on availability
Submitting an Entry:
Essays must be emailed to email@example.com and copied to our Foundation Doctor Representative (Dr Emily Mills - firstname.lastname@example.org) with "FOUNDATION ESSAY PRIZE 2022" as the email subject no later than the above deadline.
- All entrants must be ASiT members and a Foundation Doctor in a recognised Foundation Programme (e.g. F1 or F2) at the time of application
- Essays should be written in Arial size 12 font, double-spaced and referenced in the Vancouver style
- The total word count should not exceed 1500 words (excluding the cover page and reference list)
- Applicants should include a cover page detailing their full name, ASiT membership number, Foundation Programme year and region, email address and postal address
We look forward to receiving your entry.