ASiT are committed to supporting high quality surgical education. Here you will find an overview of how we do this along with resources to help you in your training.
ASiT Education Overview
ASiT are committed to supporting high quality surgical education in a number of ways.
- Firstly, we represent our members at over 50 national meetings which have a direct bearing on surgical training; reflecting concerns and speaking up when needed.
- Secondly, we run several courses at minimal or no cost to attendees (see below table).
- Thirdly, we publish educational material and statements. We have also started to publish books to complement our courses - heavily discounted for our members. The first of these, "Foundation Skills in Surgery" - has been a resounding success and "Core Skills in Laparoscopic Surgery" will be launched in the near future.
- Fourthly, we run the annual ASiT International Surgical Conference, with renowned speakers discussing the key topics currently affecting surgical trainees.
- Finally, we recognise high quality surgical trainers with the prestigious "Silver Scalpel Award".
Further information about all of these can be found on our website. For details on the various educational resources and activities on offer, please use the tabs below the "Education" heading under "Resources". We hope you find the new education section of the website a useful adjunct to your surgical training.
ASiT Educational Programme Summary: