Apply now for an ASiT Regional Event Grant for members to organise meetings and courses in their regions.
ASiT Regional Event Grants
ASiT is delighted to offer our Regional Event Grants for members to organise meetings and courses in their regions.
The grants will contribute up to £100 towards the costs of holding local trainee meetings or organising educational courses for those currently in surgical training.
ASiT has allocated £2,500 a year for a total of 25 available grants.
- ASiT member at the time of application
- All member career grades will be considered
- Not-for-profit event
- All applications will be considered as long as they are submitted 6 weeks in advance of the event (to ensure sufficient time to be reviewed and approved)
- The grant must be used for educational material (e.g., simulation/practice equipment). Sustenance (food or drink) may be considered on a case-by-case basis as outlined in the application form
- Please note these grants are for face-to-face events only
How to apply:
- Applicants should complete the application form (please click DOWNLOAD DOCUMENT on the right side of this page) and email this to their Regional Representative
- Applications that meet eligibility criteria will be reviewed for approval by the ASiT Bursary Liaison and Executive Committee on the 15th of every month and successful applicants notified shortly after that through an outcome letter with instructions on how to claim the grant amount
- The ASiT Regional Representative (or nominated representative) should attend the event to give a short talk on ASiT whenever feasible
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a brief report for the ASiT Yearbook within a month of the event and may be invited to give a short presentation on their event at the ASiT Annual Conference awards session