We are pleased to announce applications for this year's ASiT Medical Student Elective Prize are now open.
ASiT Medical Student Elective Prize
Applications Now Open!
Deadline: 23:59 GMT Monday, 28th March 2022
ASiT is delighted to resume its elective prizes (previously on hold due to the pandemic and cancellation of electives) available to UK and Republic of Ireland medical students interested in pursuing a career in surgery.
Applications are welcome from medical students undertaking an elective in any field of clinical or academic surgery anywhere in the world. Applications will be shortlisted based on merit by the ASiT Council. Shortlisted applications will be considered by the Executive Committee and the winners chosen.
The prizes to be awarded are:
- 1st Place: receives £500 and asked to present their elective work orally at the 2023 ASiT Annual Conference as well as write an elective report for the ASiT Yearbook
- 2nd Place: receives £250 and asked to submit a report for the ASiT Yearbook
Please email your application to email@example.com with "ASiT Elective Prize 2022" in the email subject and the following attached:
- Completed personal statement form (please click on the "Download Document" button to download)
- A letter in support of your application from your medical school
- A letter in support of your application from a designated supervisor at the institution that you are travelling to confirming that your application statement is true and accurate
- A one-page CV summary
- Applicants must be enrolled in a recognised medical school in the UK or Republic of Ireland
- Applicants must be student members of ASiT
- Applicants must be undertaking their elective prospectively from March 2022 (retrospective applications for previous electives will not be accepted)
- Planned electives must be focused on surgery, including clinical practice and/or academic surgery but may take place anywhere in the world (including the UK)
- Applications must be received complete, including supporting information, by the deadline date
- The applications will be marked and winners notified in April 2022 (if your elective is in late March or April you may receive the results after your elective takes place)
- Instructions on how to claim the prize after proof of completing the elective is provided will be emailed to the winners
- The recipient of the prize must be available to give a 15 minute presentation of their experience at the 2023 ASiT Conference, and must submit a report (1000 words maximum, including images with permissions) to be published in the student section of the ASiT website and included in the ASiT Yearbook (more information will be provided by the ASiT Yearbook Editor)
We look forward to receiving your applications!