ASiT is delighted to relaunch its Travelling Bursaries! Up to 5 bursaries are available, worth £300 each, to contribute towards travel for academic or clinical work (outside the applicant's usual employment) in the UK or abroad.
ASiT Clinical and Academic Travelling Bursaries
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Deadline: 23:59 GMT Monday, 28th February 2022
ASiT is pleased to relaunch its Travelling Bursaries which were on hold in 2020/2021 due to the pandemic and travel restrictions.
ASiT is delighted to be able to offer our members the opportunity to apply for a travelling bursary to support clinical and/or academic training activities away from their current training programme/employment.
Each bursary is worth up to £300 (5 bursaries will be awarded) and is intended to contribute towards travel to clinical or academic centres in the UK or abroad.
- ASiT member at the time of application
- All career grades will be considered. If you are a medical student applying for an elective, please apply for our Medical Student Elective Prize (advertising soon) instead
- If you are a medical student applying for support for travel not related to your elective, you are welcome to apply for this award
- Any trip length is permitted
- All applications will be considered as long as they are submitted before departure
- The bursary will go towards covering travel/accommodation costs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "ASiT Travelling Bursary" and the following attached:
- A summary (include your ASiT membership number) outlining the specifics and aims of the visit and why you should receive the bursary (500 words max.)
- Letters of support from a relevant clinical/academic supervisor and, if available, the receiving institution that will be hosting you
- Breakdown of anticipated expenses and funding sources that will be used (other than this bursary)
- Summary of your CV (2 pages max.)
Applications will be scored according to merit and successful applicants notified shortly after the deadline and sent instructions on how to claim the bursary amount.
All claims will be reimbursed retrospectively once proof of the visit or course attendance and receipts for expenses are provided.
Please note: Bursary recipients are also expected to write a report for the ASiT Yearbook (the ASiT Yearbook Editor will be in contact to arrange this if feasible) and may be invited to share their experience in the ASiT Annual Conference prizes and bursaries session.